Thursday, August 16, 2012

Randomness: From Me to You

I've been in an irritable mood lately. I'm not really sure why, and I'm sure the problem lies within myself and not with the irritators, but that doesn't make the problem any easier to solve. Sometimes I feel like me talking/texting/whatevering is irritating another person, and then I'm annoyed that they seem to be annoyed for no apparent reason. And then I'm paranoid that I'm that friend that can't take the hint that they're annoying the crap out of another person.

So to my friends who may or may not be reading this - DO NOT LET ME BE THAT ANNOYING FRIEND. And please, tell me if I am. I will try to change it. I promise.

In other news, I have recently been paying far more attention to Twitter than I ever have in the past. While I still don't fully understand it (and a part of me doesn't know if I really want to anyway), it does keep me in the loop of people who I admire but do not actually know much better. Like, while I already knew that the YA mafia was in existence, to actually see all of my favorite authors posting amusing things and conversing with each other on Twitter is highly entertaining. And almost makes me want to be a part of their world. Guess that means I should write something outside of this blog....

Part of my issue with Twitter, though, is that I write very little that is original, opting instead to re-tweet clever things from other people. But really, other people have far more interesting things to say, so I feel I'm doing my duty by sharing them. My dream is to tweet a celebrity I admire one day and actually get a response tweet back. Has not happened yet. Probably won't. But a girl can dream.

School is back in session all too soon for my liking, and as work and other things are taking up far too much of my time, I feel like all of the productive things I wanted to do over my summer break will not happen. I've tried to be good this week about putting writing time in, but this weekend will pretty much be shot, what with wedding showers and book club meetings and movie outings (Ruby Sparks is necessary, okay people? IT IS!!!) it will probably be a very unproductive weekend on the writing/creativity front. Such is life.

And with that, I bid you adieu for today (since I've been in a French mood lately), and will hopefully not  be too much of a stranger...

No comments: