Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Procrastination - Blogging

As is typically my way, it has once again been far too long since I've blogged or done any enjoyable writing of any kind. Which is partially due to starting grad school, and partially due to the fact that I find excuses to not write. Instead, I sit my butt in front of the TV. Which I also find quite enjoyable, but is far less productive than giving my fictional characters the attention that they deserve. And watching TV, as fun as it is, probably has about a 0% chance of ever benefiting me financially. Whereas finishing my book may have a 5% chance or so of financial reward. Still, better than zero...

So where has life taken me since the last time I posted...I've officially started grad school, which has made a busy life significantly busier. It was difficult getting back into the swing of things, but it's kind of nice having that challenge again. I just try not to think of all of the money that is getting thrown into this new degree, and have to hope that it benefits me more than my Master's did. We shall see.

Life, while busy, is fine. I've found myself feeling more and more impatient with people as of late though. Maybe it's just that I've been stressed and at times overwhelmed with my busy schedule, but I have a harder and harder time tolerating rude, ignorant people. And even when I distance myself from the people in my life that cause me to feel negative, I find myself dwelling on the awful things they've done to me or the people I love anyway. So I let their actions affect me, even when they aren't present, which I hate. But I can't seem to let things go. Anyone have any tips on that? Because really, learning to get rid of the negativity would probably really help me out. And overall I feel like I try to have a positive outlook on things. I take the stress in stride, and get through the days, getting shit done. Because it needs to be done, and I'm a doer. But then I find myself holding grudges and getting upset about things that I shouldn't. HOW DO I STOP? Seriously, if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Because right now my solutions tend to favor blasting "Payphone" by Maroon Five really loudly or searching Joseph Gordon-Levitt videos on YouTube. Which, needless to say, Patrick doesn't necessarily love.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. Which may or may not continue on a semi-regular basis again. I can only hope if I can keep this up, it means getting back to my fictional adventures as well. Only time will tell.

No comments: