Friday, February 25, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - #1

Okay, so...I haven't posted for awhile. Between being sick and working I have definitely been a slacker. No excuses or anything. However...my friend Annie, whose blog I read regularly, started this awesome thing that I have decided I am going to steal from her. I'm going to try to do this once a week, I'm thinking on Fridays as they're kind of the end of the week (the workweek at least), and as good a time as any for reflection. Sometimes it's nice working off a guide to arrange your thoughts and force you to think about
things, too. So, thanks to Annie and http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/, here goes my first
Simple Woman's Daybook entry, with a more traditional entry to come soon (I hope).

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the world is quiet, because...let's face it: It's still cold outside

I am thinking... about how I'm glad it's Friday, and glad it's the weekend and that Patrick is home for the entire weekend too, a definite rarity

I am thankful for... Fabulously well-written books that I can't put down, like Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It's rare to find a book that I loved as much as that one, and I'm thankful for Stephanie recommending it to me and for books like it existing in this world.


From the kitchen... I wish I could report more activity in the kitchen, but alas I haven't cooked since Sunday night. And some of the dishes still remain. Yeah, I'm a slacker.

I am wearing... black sweatpants, the black sweater shirt I wore to work today, and my music note hoodie. Warm and comfy :)

I am creating... not as much as I'd like to be. Perhaps some writing is in order for this weekend? Good news is at least I've been thinking about what I'm going to write. That's got to count for something, I hope.

I am going... to Naperville tomorrow to see my mother-in-law in a play. I'm excited!

I am reading... In the Woods by Tana French. It's very interesting, and very good so far. Definitely one that keeps you thinking. And it's got an element of mystery, which I d
on't usually enjoy, but is keeping me interested this time around.

I am hoping... to make my dreams come true. But first, to determine exactly what those dreams are :)

I am hearing... Patrick playing a video game downstairs and the hum of the computer next to me. Not too exciting, I know.

Around the house... It's time to clean. Again. Why can't houses just keep themselves clean? Do you think I can teach the cat to be housekeeper? I think he should start earning his keep somehow...
One of my favorite things... This week, it's the discovery of Vlogbrothers. It made me love John Green more than ever. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers. You will love it, I promise!

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to see "My Occasional Torment" tomorrow night. Hanging out at the parents' with the husband on Sunday afternoon. And possibly fitting an oil change in somewhere along the way.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



No comments: